I want to divorce

Do you want to divorce? Here are the steps to follow.


© Ofpra

Protected individuals who wish to divorce in France must do so through a lawyer who will initiate the necessary proceedings.

The divorce will be registered by Ofpra upon production of the documents attesting that it is final.

Divorces pronounced abroad may only be registered by Ofpra after a consideration of enforceability and conformity with French public policy by the Paris Public Prosecutor's Office. To that end, the protected individual must contact Ofpra by post :

Ofpra / Division de la Protection
201 rue Carnot
94136 Fontenay-sous-Bois Cedex

Ofpra directly seeks the opinion of the Paris public prosecutor's office.

Protected people can find further information on :



Mis à jour le 02 February 2023